Torridge Coastal
Mission Community


Holy Trinity Church Westward Ho!
Holy Trinity Westward Ho

  ACNY  Facebook

This is light and airy, with movable chairs not pews. Holy Trinity Church was built in1870. The opening service was conducted by William Temple, Lord Bishop of Exeter (later Archbishop of Canterbury). In 1874 the United College was founded, catering for two hundred boys. (One of whom was Rudyard Kipling). During the next thirty years the college used Holy Trinity as its Chapel. In more recent times, the churchyard entrance has been modified and is now fully accessible. The adjoining hall has also been fully renovated, with both projects funded mainly by grants.

On average we have 35 - 40 attending Sunday services. This number increases during the summer months due to the influx of holiday makers locally. The age range of the congregation is wide, between 20s – 90s. The congregation enjoys strong fellowship and friendship - visitors comment on how welcoming a church it is, especially when partaking of refreshments after services.

Home